COVID-19 Updates for International Students

Lost Boys Travel & Self-Isolation Plan

All international students planning to travel to Canada must submit a Travel & Self-Isolation Plan to Lost Boys School of VFX in addition to satisfying all applicable government requirements. Also, please take a look at our COVID-19 Safety Plan as it will contain vital information for your travel to Canada and admission process. Please visit IRCC’s official page to get the most up-to-date information on travel and immigration. 

Updated: August 25th, 2021

To our future students...

Amidst an ongoing global pandemic, Lost Boys School of VFX is committed in providing the best support for international students starting their fall 2020 term and all future terms at Lost Boys Studios. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please feel free to contact us and our dedicated staff will help navigate you through all available resources. 

Click on the links to find useful information about updated travel and immigration measures, admission process for new international students, and more. 

Table of Contents

On October 2nd, 2020, Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC) released an update on travel exemptions and restrictions from October 20, 2020 and onwards. This includes returning to Canada without symptoms or returning to Canada with symptoms. Please learn more through the Federal Government of Canada’s website.

Step 1: Check Eligibility to enter Canada

All international students must meet two requirements before entering Canada:

    1. A valid study permit OR study permit approval letter.
    2. Accepted to or attending a designated learning institution (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory.

If you have satisfied both, your travel to Canada will be considered essential (non-discretionary). 

As a student, your travel to Canada will not be considered essential (non-discretionary) if:

    • Your study program has been cancelled or suspended
            • AND/OR
    • You’re entering Canada for any reason other than to study. 

For the most recent COVID-19 updates, please download the BC COVID-19 Support App

You may also want to contact the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to double check on any further travel updates at the Port of Entry (POE).

Studying in Quebec

If you want to study in Quebec for longer than 6 months, you must apply for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).

When you apply for a study permit to study in Quebec, you’ll need to show us that you’ve applied for a CAQ. To do this, you can submit either

  • your official CAQ document (preferred)
  • proof that you applied for a new CAQ if you don’t have the approved CAQ when you submit your study permit application
    • If you get your official CAQ after you submit your study permit application, you can submit your CAQ by using your online account or our web form.

Step 2: Travel Checklist

As of August 9th, fully vaccinated foreign nationals will be allowed to enter Canada for discretionary travel from September 7th (intended start date). 

Travelers are no longer required to book a 3-night hotel stopover when entering Canada. You may check if you qualify for the fully vaccinated traveler exemption here

Travelers entering Canada, regardless of citizenship, must follow testing and quarantine requirements to keep everyone safe. Under certain conditions, you may be exempt from some requirements.

International students

A student who:

    • attends school regularly in another country and travels home to Canada occasionally, or at the end of a semester
    • enters Canada to study and live in Canada while they study

You may be exempt from quarantine if you qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption.

Requirements for exempt travelers:

There are strict requirements you must follow even if you are exempt from quarantine.

You must:

    • wear a mask at all times when in public spaces
    • maintain a list of all close contacts for your first 14 days in Canada
    • monitor yourself for signs and symptoms of COVID-19

Signs and symptoms of COVID-19

Although your reason for entering Canada may fall under an exemption, you may still have to follow certain provincial and territorial restrictions (which may include quarantine), depending on your destination.

Provincial and territorial travel restrictions

Step 3: Important Documents

Make sure you have all the documents you need before you travel to Canada:

      1. Passport – please double check expiration date to make sure it does not expire prior to the end of our program. It is also important to check all of the information on your Study Permit before leaving the airport or POE to make sure it is correct and in line with the end date of your program.
      2. Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction – You must show this to officials at the POE upon arrival in Canada to get your study permit.
      3. Acceptance Letter – This is the letter we issue to you along with your acceptance package. You should have a copy of your acceptance letter with you to show you are coming to our institution to study.
      4. Lost Boys Support Letter – This is an additional letter to confirm your program is in-person and your travel is non-discretionary.
      5. Download the ArriveCAN App at least 48 hours prior to your flight. Please also visit this Travel Guide for helpful information. 

Step 4: Completion of Quarantine

A Student Advisor will be your main point of contact on your journey towards beginning your program here at Lost Boys. Please make sure to read the important messages that are sent out to you and reply as soon as possible to let them know that you have arrived safely. 

If during your quarantine you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Student Advisor. In particular, situations where you find difficulty accessing food or other necessary items, and/or possible symptoms of COVID-19. 

After you successfully complete your 14-day quarantine, it is important that you continue to take all precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 

Before visiting or attending our facility, you must review and fill out the Lost Boys COVID-19 Waiver

Helpful resources for quarantine and COVID-19

After you successfully complete your 14-day quarantine, it is important that you continue to take all precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 

NOTE: You may be exempt from quarantine if you qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption.

Travel & Isolation Plan

All international students who plan to travel to Canada are required to notify Lost Boys prior to their date of travel by submitting the form below. 

Before completing the form, you must review all public health measures for travelers to Canada and our Travel Preparation Guide for important information to create a successful plan to travel to Canada and quarantine for 14 days upon arrival as required by the Government of Canada.

The following form is for tracking travel plans for students arriving in Canada. All information is confidential. 

Quarantine Accommodation Options

Please make sure to notify the manager that you are from Lost Boys School of Visual Effects

Casa Vancouver:

Fernanda Rezende – Sales and Marketing Manager

E-mail: [email protected]

Carmana Plaza:

Kari Wang – Sales Manager

Direct: 604-629-4910 | Mobile: 604-992-5363 | Email: [email protected]

Connie Tang | Sales Manager
180 West Georgia | Vancouver BC | V6B 4P4
Direct 604 646 4316 | Hotel 604 681 2211 | Fax 604 646 4322

1160 Davie Street | Vancouver BC | V6E 1N1
Direct 604 646 4316 | Hotel 604 681 7263 | Fax 604 669 8284

Self- Quarantine Package Link

Real Canadian Superstore –
Save-On Foods –

Shopping Basket