Ready to Apply?
Below is a list of items you will need to gather
- PROOF OF GRADUATION (High School or Post-Secondary) - Scan, photocopy, or snapshot of the school transcript
- PROOF OF AGE - Scan, photocopy, or snapshot of birth certificate, passport or drivers license
- PERSONAL STATEMENT - A personal statement describing your interests, influences, career goals, why you would like to learn with us and anything else about you that you would like us to know.
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER - This letter can be a work reference from an employer or a reference letter from a teacher or instructor, or it can be a character reference from someone you know.
- PORTFOLIO ITEMS - Your portfolio should be 8 – 10 pieces of your best work in any medium, and can include photography, drawing, comic or graphic design, painting, sculpture, website design, and/or digital imagery.
*Please note that it is recommended that applicants to the Effects Technical Director (FXTD) Program also have a basic operational understanding of at least one 3D software package. (Houdini, Maya, Max, Cinema 4D, or Blender, etc...)
- $100 APPLICATION/ASSESSMENT FEE - This non-refundable fee can be paid by cash, cheque, Visa, Mastercard or Paypal.
- FINANCIAL PLAN - You will need to submit a financial plan to ensure you have arranged sufficient tuition and living costs for the duration of your studies.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY* - All instruction at Lost Boys is conducted in English and therefore all students are required to speak and comprehend English at an acceptable level for the programs. Students will need to be able to understand technical terms and participate in presentations and discussion.
We are rooting for you. If you have any doubts we would love to help you work towards making your dreams into a reality.Get us on your Team!
Contact us to access the Online Application Form!Contact Us
Submitting your Application PackageAll application items can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email images or send a link to your website or to your Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. page. For submission via DropBox or Google Drive contact us for further instructions.
*English ProficiencyFor students whose first language is not English, below are the minimum scores required from any one of the following tests in English proficiency. We may also require a telephone or in-person interview. Other English test not listed may be considered, please contact us for more information.
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-G 2014): Test taken before or after April 2014: Level 6 www.celpip.ca is a Canadian English language test for immigration to Canada, Canadian citizenship, and for admission to Canadian universities and colleges.
- Equivalent Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) score of 6
- Canadian Academic English Language assessment (CAEL): overall score of 60
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 75 internet-based (iBT), 210 computer-based (CBT), or 520 paper-based (PBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (academic) :overall band score of 6, with a minimum of 5.5 in each section
- PTE Academic: minimum overall score of 55 , and a minimum of 50 in speaking and listening
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC):700
- or proof of completion of a secondary school or post-secondary education program in English, in Canada or abroad such as a transcript, diploma, certificate or degree from a post-secondary school
* If you feel that you meet the speaking and listening requirements but have not updated your testing, you can request a telephone or skype evaluation with the administration staff. It is in your best interest to ensure you understand what is being explained and get the most out of the program.
- Applications will not be reviewed for admission until all applicable documents are submitted.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order in which the application was received.
- Applicants will be considered based on a combination of artistic and career potential (indicated by portfolio, previous education and/or work experience) and personal attributes and motivation (indicated by personal statement and recommendation letter)
- Documents will not be returned unless specifically requested in advance
- Notification of admission decisions are sent to applicants within 3 weeks of the application deadline, if not prior.
- Offers of admission and information concerning enrollment and policies will be provided to all successful applicants prior to signing all contracts.