3. On Campus Regulations
When you are on campus, follow all the safety rules below. This is for your own safety and protecting others. If you feel sick, notify the staff and do not come to campus.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Mask are now recommended in indoor public places for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. However, the mask mandate order under the Emergency program Act was lifted July 1.
- Masks on while not at desk – We have gone to great lengths to layer an additional measure of ventilation and airflow screens to keep our workstation areas air clean. But when not at your desk we will require all individuals (staff and students) to utilize either surgical masks or improvised masks to reduce the risk of exposure to yourself and others whenever you get up from your desk. *If you lose/forget your mask, we can provide one at a fee of $1.00.
- Frequent hand washing – It is also required of everyone to either wash or sanitize their hands after using the restroom, sneezing, coughing, and before eating meals.
- Sanitize surfaces – After using the restroom, you must sanitize any surfaces that you may have touched. This may include toilet, faucets or door handles or use paper towels to provide a barrier to touching the surface. The sanitizers are provided and instructions on use will be provided.
- The kitchens will be closed – We will not be providing dishes or cutlery during this time. If you must use any kitchen facilities, you must sanitize the surface you touched before and after with the supplied sanitizer or use a paper towel to provide a barrier to touching the surface. The sanitizers are provided and instructions on use will be provided.
- Maintain social distancing – Access to common areas will be limited to allow 6 feet for social distancing, and we recommend eating lunch at your desk or going outside to maintain distancing.
- No entry until after 9:30AM – Students are not permitted to enter the school until 9:30 to ensure staff have sanitized the common areas and are able to confirm entry procedures are followed.
- Safe entry requirements – It is required that everyone answer the questions and consent to their temperature being taking at the door every morning before entering the school. Anyone with a temperature over 38˚C (100.4˚F) or respond yes to any of the health questions, will not be permitted to enter the school.
- Closure upon virus exposure – Should one of the students or staff contract the virus the school may be closed for 14 days to ensure the containment of the virus.
- Strict enforcement of rules – Anyone found not following the rules will be asked to leave the facility for the day. If it continues you may be asked to work remotely.
- Continued use of Zoom – Lessons and mentorship will continue via Zoom and/or Discord to ensure everyone’s safety. One on one lectures may be permitted in the future at a distance with masks worn by all involved.
- Limited after hours access – To help us make the morning sanitation process run more efficiently, after hours access will be limited to your classroom and the washrooms.
For more information, please contact the following location: General inquiries
Lost Boys School of Visual Effects
1825 Victoria Diversion Vancouver, BC V5N 2K2
Email: [email protected]
Emergency Contact: Ria Benard
E-mail: [email protected]